The Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology (NIGPAS) was founded in 1951. The forerunners of the Institute were the palaeontological laboratories of the Institute of Geology, Academia Sinica, and of the Geological Survey of China. It is the only institute in China which specializes in all aspects of invertebrate palaeontology, palaeobotany and stratigraphy.
The institute provides state-of-the-art research facilities and excellent working atmosphere (www.nigpas.cas.cn). Postdoctoral Research Positions are open for application throughout the year. We are always considering cooperation with outstanding scientists at home and abroad.
I. Research Field
1. Palaeontology and Stratigraphy
1. A PhD degree in palaeontology, geology, biology, and/or chemistry;
2. Good technical report writing skill in English and good communication and coordination ability;
3. Ability to work both independently and with teammates.
III. Salary and Benefits
1. Pay Level: In accordance with the standards set by the state and the institute;
2. Accommodation: Apartment for post-doctors.
IV. Application Material
1. Name(s) of potential supervisor(s);
2. Curriculum vita;
3. Copies of ID card or Passport and PhD degree certificate;
4. Three representative papers (in PDF format) and a list of published work;
5. Two letter of recommendation.
V. Contact Information
Please mail (send) the application materials to the following address:
Organization and Personnel Department of Nanjing Institute of Geology and Paleontology, CAS
No. 39, East Beijing Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Postal Code: 210008
Contact: GAI Yonghua